Get in Contact with Dr. James Today
Ready to transform your smile? Fill in your details to get the conversation started.
Why see a prosthodontist for veneers?
Prosthodontists are dental specialists who have the training and expertise needed to deliver the best results when it comes to veneers. They know how to create veneers that are designed to match your natural teeth and enhance your smile. With their superior skills and knowledge, you can trust that you’ll get a veneer solution that looks natural and lasts a long time.
Say goodbye to an unsatisfactory smile and hello to a bright, new grin with dental veneers! Dr Kendall James is here to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our team of experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells that are designed to cover the front surface of your teeth. They are typically made of porcelain or composite resin and are bonded to your teeth to improve their appearance and function. Here are several reasons why you may need dental veneers:
- Discoloured teeth: Veneers can effectively cover teeth that are severely stained or discoloured and do not respond to traditional teeth whitening methods.
- Chipped or broken teeth: If you have teeth that are chipped, cracked, or broken, veneers can provide a durable and natural-looking solution by covering the damaged areas.
- Irregularly shaped or misaligned teeth: Veneers can be used to reshape teeth that are irregularly shaped or have minor alignment issues. They can create a more uniform and harmonious smile.
- Gaps between teeth: Veneers can be used to close small gaps or spaces between your teeth, providing a more even and aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Worn-down teeth: Over time, teeth can become worn down due to factors like teeth grinding (bruxism) or acid erosion. Veneers can restore the length, shape, and function of these worn teeth.
- Aesthetic enhancements: Some individuals may choose veneers as a cosmetic enhancement to achieve the smile they desire. Veneers can improve the overall appearance of your teeth, creating a brighter, straighter, and more symmetrical smile.
It’s important to note that the decision to get dental veneers should be made in consultation with a qualified dental specialist such as a prosthodontist. They will assess your oral health, discuss your goals, and determine if veneers are the right option for you. Additionally, maintaining good oral hygiene practices and regular dental check-ups are crucial for the long-term success and durability of dental veneers.
Dental veneers offer several advantages:
- Enhanced appearance: Veneers improve the aesthetics of your smile by covering stains, chips, gaps, or other imperfections.
- Natural-looking results: Veneers are customised to match your natural teeth, providing a seamless and realistic appearance.
- Versatility: Veneers can address multiple cosmetic issues simultaneously, offering a comprehensive solution.
- Minimal tooth alteration: Veneers require minimal removal of tooth structure, preserving your natural teeth.
- Stain resistance: Porcelain veneers resist stains, helping to maintain a bright smile.
- Durability: Veneers are long-lasting and resistant to wear and tear.
It’s essential to consult with a qualified prosthodontist to determine if dental veneers are suitable for your specific dental needs and goals. They can provide personalised advice and guide you through the process of getting veneers.
The process of getting dental veneers is usually not painful. Local anaesthesia is used to numb the area, ensuring you don’t experience discomfort during the procedure. Some individuals may feel slight sensitivity or pressure, but it is generally manageable. Afterwards, temporary veneers may be placed until the final veneers are ready. Minor sensitivity or discomfort following the procedure is temporary and can be alleviated with over-the-counter pain relievers. Communication with your prosthodontist is important to address any concerns and ensure your comfort.